Friday, March 20, 2009

The Perfect Commute

Very strange commute to work today. Not only are lots of folks out this week at my company, but I think lots of people in Austin took today off from work as well. I drive to work from Kyle to Oak Hill on some 2-lane backroads through rural areas, and most days I get behind some slower folks on a good portion of the drive.

But today, not only was the weather perfect (dry, clear, low of 47F, high today of 80F), but my drive was about as perfect as can be. I had no one in front of me for probably 20 out of the 26 miles to work. Even the few cars I had in front of me for a short stretch weren't going all that slow. Even two stoplights that are normally quite long were not crowded and turned green just as I got to both of them.

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket!

No comments: