Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Post -- Why "20th Hole"?

My name is Eric, and I'm an engineer in a large semiconductor company living in Austin, TX. I'm 37 and a married father of two young kids (ages 3 and 5). I'm a big sports fan, and I like to write / comment about sports and other things in my life.

I like making mixed drinks at home, and I recently hosted a party at my home for a few close friends. I printed up a little drink menu of options I was offering and titled it, "The 20th Hole," in an homage to Tiger Woods winning the US Open at Torrey Pines in a 19-hole playoff over Rocco Mediate (thus the trip to the bar post-round would be the "20th" hole instead of the typical "19th hole" after an 18-hole round). Also, this party was one of the last parties I attended with my good friend Kevin, who was killed in July in a freak auto accident. Thus the blog's title also reminds me of him and his friendship. I'll miss you always, Kevin!

So this blog will be your usual personal blog type of thing, but probably with a focus on sports topics, with sprinkles of music, news, stuff about my family, politics, etc., thrown in.

1 comment:

corey said...

Long live the K(eb)ing!

* one of Kevin's many many nicknames :) *

Need to keep an eye on you, Eric, to make sure you don't say too much about me (HA! As if you don't have anything more interesting to write about!) Feel free to pop in on me, too -- philoshipnos is pretty much done, and I'll be announcing a new blog in the next few days. I've decided that this life is too crazy to not comment on. ;)

Love ya, man!