Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fun weekend at my uncle's in Houston


Our family went over to Houston (Richmond, specifically), to visit my uncle / aunt Bill (I call him "Barton", my mom's brother) and Twila Day, their daughters Alexandra and Katrina, and my grandmother Marjorie. Barton took several family pictures for us. See above and below for a couple, or link to my flickr page to see them. We didn't get an overall family shot because Lauren was not in a good mood and was crying when we tried to take the group photo, but we got a couple of good ones of her apart from the family/group shot.



Also, I learned that Barton took up classical guitar as a new hobby a few months ago. He got himself a nice guitar, an Antonio Loriente (web site here), and has a very good teacher he's taking lessons from. I forget his name, but he's a virtuoso player from Iceland that lives in Houston and travels the world playing in various symphony and solo performances. While Barton's just getting started, I think he's doing really well for the amount of time he's been playing. It was very cool sitting in his living room listening to him play -- see photo below.


Lastly, I got a chance to make some good margaritas for Barton and Twila. I used some Herradura silver tequila and Cointreau ... very nice.

1 comment:

corey said...

Gorgeous photos, Eric! Natasha really makes you look nice!