Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Career advice involving sheep scrotum

Oh my God, my side hurts from laughing at this excellent column from Mike Rowe, host of Discovery Channel's TV show, Dirty Jobs. Also check out Mike's blog here ... I really like his letter to a potential Eagle Scout a couple of posts back.

Mike offers a contrarian take and suggests that the typical advice about "following your passions" is nonsense. Money paragraph:

Enough already. Wall Street needs some new role models--and I nominate the men and women of Dirty Jobs, beginning with Albert, who I'm quite certain is still grinning behind his bloody mustache. Why? Because Albert knows that in a bear market, you can't grab the bull by the horns--you can only grab the sheep by the scrotum, and do the work at hand. That's right, boys. It's time to bend over, bite down, snap your head back and spit.

Man, I never thought I would type the words "sheep scrotum" as a blog tag (unless possibly doing a post about Texas A&M...).

No comments: