Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lauren's birthday, Sauza Tradicional

My daughter Lauren had her 4th birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I forgot to do a post about it. Like my mom's tequila-bottle birthday cake at Thanksgiving (see previous post here), we also got my daughter's cake from Erin McCormick. She did a really good job on a "Mater" cake, the redneck tow truck from the Disney movie Cars. We had a few friends / relatives over to our house for her party, and I made martini-style margaritas with jalapeno-stuffed olives. These turned out to be quite a hit and I may make these again for future gatherings. See photos below, more photos on Flickr here.

Margarita martinis I made were as follows:
2 oz Sauza Tradicional Reposado tequila (one of the least expensive 100% agave tequilas, about same price as Hornitos, less oak flavor than Hornitos)
1 oz Cointreau
Fresh juice of 1/2-1 lime
1-2 tsp simple syrup to taste
1-2 tsp juice from jalapeno-stuffed olive jar to taste

Combine ingredients in shaker with ice. Shake, strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish with jalapeno-stuffed olive.

Mater Cake

Lauren and Daniel

2 comments:

corey said...

Heh- did the kids enjoy your Mexican martinis? ;)

Eric said...

Lauren loved them, but Daniel prefers them with the Gran Centenario Plata. 8^)