Tuesday, February 17, 2009

John and Kira's Chocolate


I wanted to give some love to John and Kira's chocolates, who make some of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. Their chocolates and candies are probably some of the best quality desserts available.

I first tried their chocolates at Christmas time a couple of years ago, when my wife's uncle Stephen and aunt Tami generously brought an every-flavor sampler box (link here) to share at a family dinner we were having at the Blackstock's house. I saw the box of assorted chocolates on the buffet counter and popped one in my mouth, expecting to taste the typical Whitman's Sampler type candy, hoping not to get the syrupy cherry-filled one (ugh). Umm, no. They use Valrhona chocolate and very fresh, high-quality flavors (such as mint from a local elementary school organic garden, whiskey coffee, or pistachio) to create really exquisite chocolates. These are chocolates for grown-ups, not kids (although I'm sure kids with discerning taste will love them, too!). Best I've ever had.

For Valentine's Day, I got Natasha and assortment of the painted ladybugs and bees, and I'm also trying some of their whiskey-chocolate figs. These are no Fig Newtons!

No comments: