Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My favorite camera / photography web site, The Luminous Landscape


About a year ago I came across a web site I really enjoy, called The Luminous Landscape. It's a very informative and interesting site run by Michael Reichmann, a Toronto, Canada based professional photographer who specializes in landscape photography (something I enjoy). The photo above is his photo taken on a recent photo trip to Antarctica.

Micheal does a lot of digital camera equipment reviews, and writes very insightful articles on myriad topics in the world of amateur and professional photography. He is very technically knowledgeable, but has a great sense of when to trust your eyes and go by feel rather than just relying on technical data (see a recent essay here). He's an excellent writer, and he also publishes lots of training materials on how to use photography and printing software.

He seems to be the type of photographer I would have been had I gone into this field instead of my current job. I'm a person who has both a highly technical and an artistic side, and Micheal seems to be like that, too. He even enjoys watches and wrote a cool little article here making an analogy between choosing a watch and choosing camera equipment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.