Monday, November 10, 2008

Cool jogging map tool

I overheard some folks down in the gym discussing their run they did that day, and one guy mentioned he mapped out his run using a web site called "Map My Run." Link here. So I checked it out later and thought it was pretty cool. I discovered that my run at home (which should not be combined with pizza and beer) is about 2.5-2.6 miles, and my run at work is about 5 miles, see below. It also can show elevation changes and show approximate calories that run would burn. For example, my rather hilly work run has about 270 ft of uphill climbing and burns about 700 calories.

1 comment:

corey said...

Isn't it strange how long a PC run feels? I was shocked and dismayed when I tracked my regular route, to find it was less than three miles. Pizza and beer make it seem even longer, I'm sure.