Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am free / three / four

My daughter, who just turned 4 recently, likes to sing quite a bit. Photo in previous post here. She memorizes pretty long songs and actually carries a tune pretty well. Anyway, she really likes the Newsboys' song "I Am Free", link below. Chorus lyrics are "I am free to run / I am free to dance / I am free to live for You / I am free / yes I am free."

I was kind of singing / humming this song in the kitchen while doing a few dishes, and my daughter, sitting at the table finishing her dinner, heard me and started singing it, too. But instead of "free", she was saying "three" (I am THREE to run ... yes I am THREE), and holding up 3 fingers.

But I pointed out to her because of her recent birthday that she's 4 years old and not 3 ... so she promptly began singing "I am FOUR to run / I am FOUR to dance"!

No comments: