Monday, November 3, 2008

I could sing of Your love forever

I had a very moving, powerful, and emotional experience in our church's worship service yesterday. After doing a very cool song called "revelation song", we went into an extended time of "free worship", just playing a 1-2-3-4 (E-F#m-E/G#-A) pattern. We then modified it and went 1-2-4-5 (E-F#m-A-B), which is the base chord pattern for Delirious' "I could sing of Your love forever."

People were coming down front to sing and get prayed for, and we did this song for a long time. After a couple of minutes, I noticed Ivy and her two kids, Angel and Ivy-Lynn, down in front singing, raising their hands and worshipping. Ivy-Lynn was crying quite a bit. I had not seen them much in church since their husband/dad Kevin was killed back in July. This blog was started partly in his memory. See very first post here for details.

Anyway, when I saw the three of them down front, it just really hit me how much I still miss Kevin, and I also started feeling like that this worship service was for him. I was envisioning that Kevin could hear us and that it would bring him some joy. Anyway, I just kind of lost it and started crying quite a bit -- it had been about 4 months since his death and I had not cried about it since his funeral. It was a really neat experience. Of course, no one had any Kleenex on stage so Wes had to go down and get me some so I could keep playing...

Video of "Revelation Song":


Video of Hillsongs / Darlene Zschech with Delirious' Martin Smith:

No comments: