Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am declaring first 9 days of 2009 do not exist


OK, the first part of 2009 officially bites my arse (getting the car situation squared away, one good round of golf Jan 3, and Natasha NOT getting the virus being a few exceptions).

My kids were suffering through a bad virus (some sort of viral gastroenteritis like a rotavirus or Norwalk-type virus, if you want to get technical), which they then passed on to me. While I was sick, I totally missed a great come-from-behind Texas win in the Fiesta Bowl over Ohio State (who I detest almost as much as A&M or OU) while shivering in bed with a fever, then pretty much felt bad all of the first work week of the year. I have yet to go to work in 2009 and feel good physically.

But, I did make myself a margarita last night and am feeling almost totally better this morning. So, I am declaring that the actual beginning of 2009 did not happen ... does not exist. Today is my Jan 01.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

corey said...

Is that like a mulligan?

Aaahhh, the frest start, wrapped nicely in a healthy dose of denial...

;)

Here's to the rest of the year being off the charts, mad-good!