Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rough week

After the family and I went to a great New Years Eve party at our friends Vic and Sarah's house, things have been a bit rough since then. Daniel and Lauren caught a pretty nasty stomach virus sometime around New Years, and it gave both kids several days of fevers and, um, potty issues, until Sunday.

We ended up buying the Altima that Carmax had delivered / transferred, and it works great with no problems. We had our local mechanic (Rick at Southwest Automotive) check it out independently and he said it was good. I'll probably continue this buying of late model used vehicles in the future just because it saves so much money.

After the kids started feeling better Monday morning and I started back to work, I thought things might be looking up, but then the same stomach bug hit me, and I was in bed with a fever / chills / aches for the next 36 hrs. I went in to work Wed morning, but probably should have stayed home. I ended up going home again mid-afternoon. I'm back at work today but still not 100%.

My wife has been really great through all this, and has not caught the bug. I'm praying that holds ... if she caught it and felt the way I did, I would definitely need to stay home from work to take care of the kids likely for a couple of days.

The heated seats that came on that Altima we bought came in pretty handy when I was driving home from work with aches and a fever ... pretty soothing!

1 comment:

corey said...

Hope you're feeling better, my friend! Ran by your house today on my route, saw the big green truck and thought, "Oh, no -- E's still sick!"

Then I remembered the new ride. Enjoy!