Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Running inside today

Austin is under a winter storm warning later today when a cold front with some rain moves in. The local news headlines tend to treat winter weather like this with about the same alarm as an impending nuclear blast or terrorist anthrax alert (Go to DEFCON 1!).


The online version of the the Austin American Statesman posted this picture of the temperature throughout the day. I was planning to run today during my lunchtime workout (usually about 11a-12p), and only brought shorts and a t-shirt. According to this chart, I will freeze my arse off if I run outside, so I guess it's a treadmill for me today!

2 comments:

corey said...

It was the treadie for me today, too. They're not so bad, as long as they don't become a habit. ;)

Eric said...

Ended up doing some step ups on some plyo blocks and some other cardio stuff instead of treadmill. Doing that TM while watching CNBC or stock tickers ccrawling across the screen is boring as hell!