Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Andromeda Strain?

OK, well it's not quite that bad, but this stupid stomach virus that got my kids last week got Natasha and me this week. Quite a long incubation period it had -- my kids were sick last Tuesday morning (9/16), and my wife didn't get sick until Sunday morning (9/21), 5 days later. I just got an email from my friend Darren that said his wife was sick again -- and I thought his family had ALREADY had the virus go around! Does that mean you can get the same virus twice in a row? Or is this another version?

Well, last Friday was pretty cool anyway. I took off from work and played at Plum Creek, mostly playing alone and playing multiple balls, hitting some practice shots, etc. I did join up with a pair of guys for a few holes, one of whom really impressed me with his game. He said he was an armed forces recruiter (didn't say which branch) named George, and this guy hit the ball farther than anyone I've ever played with. It was amazing. He hit some drives that went over 300 yards in flight, and almost 350 yards total. He almost reached the green in two shots on a 650-yard par 5! On another hole, he hit a 4-iron probably 230-240. He played with these forged blade irons that are totally unforgiving unless you hit them right on the center. Pretty cool to watch someone hit shots like that -- now I know what someone watching Tiger Woods must feel like!

I took off from church Sunday to just relax and get some errands done, but that's when my wife got sick and so I ended up watching the kids so she could stay in bed. I was hoping I would get off scot-free, but it was not to be. I was in bed all day Tuesday and went to work yesterday even though I probably could have stayed in bed that day too. Thought I was totally better this morning but have been feeling dizzy all day -- have one of these big meetings with the VPs later this afternoon -- need to hold it together for then.

No comments: