Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wow, Eagles / Cowboys game last night, stomach bug

These days having a busy job and two young kids, I almost never stay up late to watch all the way to the end of a regular season Monday night NFL game. But I'm glad I did (well, sort of -- read on...) for this week 2 Cowboys / Eagles game. The first half was a circus, the 2nd-highest scoring first half in MNF history. Rookie wide receiver Desean Jackson for the Eagles pulled a Leon Lett-level gaffe and dropped the ball on the 1-yard line! Well, I suppose it wasn't as bad as the Lett play since the Eagles got the ball on the 1 and scored on the next play. See here for the play:



I actually felt the Eagles should have won that game with the way their O-line, McNabb, Westbrook, and the receivers were playing. But it all changed on that fumble between McNabb and Westbrook. Unusual mistake for those guys. Other than that mistake, though, McNabb looks really good this season.

My 3-yr-old daughter got a stomach bug and started throwing up around 2am and the rest of the night. That's when I was wishing I'd gone to bed about 9pm instead of 1130. I think my son has it this morning ... ugh. Things kind of stink today for my wife and kids at home. I think I'll get some flowers for her on the way home (or maybe a new bottle of tequila).

No comments: