Monday, September 15, 2008

He went for TWO? And Pats don't go for it on 4th?

Wow, very interesting end to that Denver / San Diego game. While Denver should never have gotten the chance to score that touchdown to make it 38-37 due to the botched fumble call, you have to give credit to coach Mike Shanahan going for the win and getting it with the 2 point conversion to win 39-38. I exclaimed excitedly to my wife, "I have never seen any team go for 2 in that situation!!" I think she really felt my enthusiasm and promptly looked back down at her book.

In other news from NFL week 2, I saw the Patriots do something against the Jets that they would never have done last season. They punted on 4th and like 1/2-yard at midfield. I wonder if that's because they had their backup QB in. They still won the game, but I think they would have gone for that if Brady was in. Wonder if Easterbrook will pick up on that in his TMQ column tomorrow...

No comments: