Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Green chile Hornitos, Don Julio Reposado

So I tried my two-chile-infused-Hornitos margarita last night, and it was perfect. Quite spicy, but not downright painful. I may even try infusing a more expensive silver tequila now that I've proven that I like it on the less-expensive Hornitos.

As a side note, I think Hornitos is probably the best tequila value. If you're using British currency, you could say that it's the best "pound-for-pound" tequila out there!

On another tequila note, I sometimes try new tequilas when my local Twin Liquors has a good special, and I really liked one I got last week. It's the Don Julio reposado. I have previously had their silver and their anejo. The anejo is an excellent snifter / sipping tequila, and the silver is pretty good (but not my favorite for margaritas -- I prefer Patron, Herradura, and Gran Centenario). But the reposado seems to be a perfect blend of the silver and the anejo -- excellent both for ritas and for sipping. Good juice!

No comments: