Thursday, September 4, 2008

Screw VP -- Palin for President!

OK -- Finally. This is what happens when you excite your conservative base (which according to the bi-partisan Battleground poll is about 57%-60% of the country who self-identify as very conservative or somewhat conservative -- a result that has remained consistent the last several years). I hadn't heard too much about Sarah Palin before, but I'm definitely excited by her. I hadn't been too enthused by McCain before, but this really helped. They seem to be peaking at the right time.

Both she and Guiliani actually talked about issues and finally hammered Obama on ISSUES where conservatives feel he's weak. I have a bit of a beef with McCain in that he's somewhat refused to hammer on some issues like I think he should.

I still think they should switch places on the ticket. My wife made an excellent comment this morning about how if she does become VP, she'll give our daughter an excellent role model to look up to in politics.

Pretty cute moment during the speech when the camera cut to her daughter (maybe 6-7 yrs old?) holding their little baby Trig (that can't be short for Trigonometry, can it?) -- she was licking her hand then smoothing down his hair...

Oh, and libs? You're screwed.

No comments: