Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a difference a day makes, Plimpton

Monday night / Tuesday morning I thought that my life would end (or wished it would), but today is MUUUCH better. My daughter Lauren stopped throwing up yesterday, and though my son Daniel threw up yesterday morning also, he only threw up once and felt fairly good most of the day. It's a nice day outside today, and not nearly as busy / crisis-mode at work today as it has been the last few days. I got Natasha some flowers on the way home last night, and made a nice margarita with Don Julio reposado (which I'll definitely buy again ... "Yumm-o", to quote Rachel Ray). Wait, straight men should probably not quote Rachel Ray.

I just finished a pretty good book by George Plimpton, called "The Man in the Flying Lawn Chair". Link here: http://www.amazon.com/Man-Flying-Lawn-Chair-Observations/dp/0812973720/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221661623&sr=8-1 It's a compilation of several short stories / vignettes written by George and published posthumously by Sarah Plimpton, George's widow. I hadn't been familiar with George's writing before, but I like it really well. His writing can be very funny and deep without having to be long.

It's supposed to be very nice weather all week. It's been a VERY hot summer, and we had our first break in the heat two days ago (thanks to Hurricane Ike). Let's see, what could I possibly do on Friday -- think ... think...


Photo of me, my uncle Bill Day, and his son Billy at Texas A&M Traditions Course in College Station, TX earlier this summer

No comments: