Monday, October 6, 2008

Buy Low, KXAN / Time Warner

Man, I really wish that I had a huge lump of free cash to invest in the stock market right now! Congress just passed the legislation that should help free up the credit markets (although with an extra $150B of pork fat thrown in -- unlike actual pork fat, this pork fat does NOT "rule"), and fear seems to be quite rampant. But this looks to me like something near a bottom, and a great time to be buying.

Pretty good weekend for sports, with both the Cowboys and Longhorns winning, although both were pretty heavily favored. Texas' big test comes next weekend against #1 Oklahoma. If we could beat the sooners next weekend, that would be one of the greatest wins I've ever seen, right up there with beating Ohio State in Columbus in 2005.

We're into full day #3 of no NBC / KXAN on our cable, Time Warner. KXAN pulled their signal off the air just on Time Warner because TW wouldn't pay KXAN a fee. I really hope this gets resolved soon, or I'm going to probably have to start looking at satellite or other options. So far, I've really only missed "Sunday Night Football", but by later this week when I miss episodes of "The Office", things will get more serious!

No comments: