Monday, October 27, 2008

Horns roll on to face Pirate Tortilla-Chuckers

Texas played a very close game at home against a really good Oklahoma State team, winning 28-24, recap and highlights here.

After watching the game on TV and noticing the nice weather we had this weekend, I commented to Natasha about how it would have been a really cool game to see in person. I didn't know that Darren, David, and Bill (our church's pastor) had actually been there. I was quite jealous!

Had that game been in Stillwater instead of Austin, I think UT might have lost. I think Texas was also fortunate that OSU went away from a running game that had been working pretty well. That's a good team.

In other news, #3 and undefeated Penn State played well to beat Ohio State in Columbus to ensure their spot, umm, on their knees begging to God for #2 Alabama or #1 Texas to lose! Alabama's biggest test will be against likely Florida in the SEC Championship game, and Texas' biggest test is next week. Penn State may face yet another year of having a perfect season but being shut out of the national title game, which has actually happened several times to them.

Now, for Texas, it's on to Lubbock to face undefeated Pirate Mike Leach and Texas Tech. I think if Texas can win under the Tortilla Rain that they'll be in the BCS title game. I wonder if Tech will bring out the flour discs for #1 Texas:



My prediction? Texas wins a "defensive struggle" 63-60.

1 comment:

FOOTBALL MAN said...

I like your blogs, looking forward to your future updates.