Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fried chicken, wine, and 5-woods

This past Friday I took off from work to relax (and also to request deferred adjudication from the Kyle JP on my 2nd speeding ticket in 2 months). I watched the kids in the morning while my wife got a haircut, then went to pay the fine and then to relax.

I picked up a box of Gill's friend chicken and headed out CR150 to the Mandola winery (link here) in Driftwood, where I got a glass of a tasty Montepulciano and ate my chicken and drank my wine at a picnic table in the shade. The weather was nice, and the beautiful grounds made for a much nicer lunch than the typical work day (where I eat a sandwich in my cubicle).

Inflation has hit their winery. Back in June, I bought a really good Sangiovese for $16, but all of their wines are up to $26 / bottle now. I was going to bring home a bottle for dinner, but passed at the higher prices.

I then went to the Grey Rock (used to be Circle C) golf course to hit balls at the driving range. Was hitting it pretty well and smoked a few drives about 300 yards, but got hot and tired after only about 120 balls. My pastor at my church says that Vijay Singh hits over 600-700 balls a day. That's nuts...

No comments: