Monday, October 13, 2008

Good workout -- finally

Events of this weekend had me pumped to go in the gym and take on Isaac Newton, specifically F=(G*m1*m2)/r^2 (where F is the gravitational force between m1, mass of the Earth, and m2, the mass of the dumbbells I happened to be trying to move away from the Earth ... typically in 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps).

Due to a really tiring conference a few weeks ago, illness going around the family, and a very stressful job the last month, my workouts have not had any intensity lately. Been just trying to make it through the whole workout. Today was much better, and was one of the first days I've been able to "push it", and I broke or tied two personal bests (in pushups and dumbbell shoulder press). Almost threw up a few times pushing it so hard, but managed to keep it together. May be a bit sore tomorrow.

No comments: