Monday, August 25, 2008

Best tequila for kids?

My wife has a big birthday coming up this weekend. I won't get specific on which year it is, but suffice it to say it's one of those milestone ones that's kind of a round number.

To celebrate, I'm going to stay home with the kids so she can go have a good time with some girlfriends for the weekend. She's going to go out to eat, relax, and stay at her grandparent's house Friday and Saturday night, which is currently vacant while the grandparents are living in Rochester for the summer. (They live half the year in NY when it's hot down in Austin, then live in Austin October to May when it's nicer down here. I could definitely see doing something like that myself when I retire -- very cool.)

By the way, this would be a good place to note that my wife threw me a REALLY awesome surprise party for my 37th b-day earlier this month ... she actually surprised me, too! It was great (thanks, sweetie! I love you...)

Since I have the kids myself this weekend, I wonder what tequila the kids (ages 3, 5) would prefer? Ah, I'll probably just give em Hornitos -- don't wanna waste the Don Julio anejo with kids who can't appreciate it yet!

No comments: